Saturday, April 06, 2013

30ish

My big plan this past year was that I wanted to go skiing for my 30th birthday. Our kiddos have never seen snow before and have been really excited as we began planning the big trip.

We decided with the cost of flying 5 of us, it would be better to drive, plus that would ease us into the altitude and have less probability for altitude sickness. (My parents got this last year when they made the same trip and it was 18 hours of misery for them both.)


The drive was great. The kiddos were road warriors. They slept, watched movies, read books and were totally chill.






Hayden had watched a TV show at my parents house of places to visit and this was her #1 choice and happened to be where we were visiting, so we took the tour and scored some yummy loot for souvenirs. 









I'm so glad we went. We were able to catch up with some of our friends that we see maybe once or twice a year. They have 4 boys that get along great with our girls. Its a wild bunch, that's for sure, when they are all together!!

We also got to see my roommate from college, who I haven't seen since 2007 , and meet her husband, who was so great!

The trip was fabulous, the weather was amazing, the girls went to ski school and did really well. Preslyn and Ella finally mastered how to stop by the last day and then were fine with playing in the daycare for our last day of skiing. Their bodies were worn out! Hayden made it out of ski school and onto the mountain with us for our last day. She did so great. She was so brave and went down a blue on her first run!

Our last run of the day, we all had a miscommunication as to whether we were going one more time. Hayden and BJ skied straight back into the lift line and I didn't. So while BJ was telling me to come get back in line, Hayden inched her self further and further in the line and then onto the lift (it was a very small lift but still!) all by herself. She was giddy and giggly about it and we were both terrified! She did all the right things she had been taught and luckily it wasn't a long ride and we were all reunited again. Later in the day she tells me, "Hey, Mom, when I was on the lift by myself  I sighed and then said "ALONE at LAST." Her face was priceless. I don't think I'll ever forget that phrase. What a nut she is!

Happy 30th-ish to me!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. "THIS IS MY FIRST TIME I'VE HAD SNOW!" So adorable!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog