Friday, March 06, 2015

Stitch Fix #1


Ok, I jumped on the bandwagon. I signed up for Stitch Fix.  I've been eyeing it for a while and finally decided to give it a try. If you are clueless as to what I am talking about, let me enlighten you. Stitch Fix is a personal shopping experience. They send you 5 items based on your style profile and budget that you fill out. Then you try them on at home and decide if you want to keep them or not. SO cool!

I was on the fence for a while but this is what did it for me:

I have a real live person, that reads my notes, looks at my pinterest style board and tries to get to know me, so they can really help with getting styles I love to me.

DONE.

I mean, I love shopping, and fashion, but being a mom of 5, including two babies again, just leaves little to no time to update my wardrobe. Those that know me, know I live in my workout clothes, but when I do have a chance to get out, I like to look nice. Honestly, I buy most of my clothes from Target because its a one stop shop. Food, clothes, household, gifts AND they have a shopping basket. It's a girls dream.

Anyway, so I decided to purge my closet, house, get rid of everything I don't use and wear and put that money toward my stitch fix fund.

I anxiously awaited my first fix. My friends started getting theirs left and right and mine felt like it took an eternity. FINALLY mine arrived. The girls and BJ were excited too. Hayden even said, "be careful not to stretch anything, so I can wear it." That girl. She is really close to being my exact height. I'm sure she will be trying to borrow my stuff any day. She's already snagged some boots and a cardigan or two.


 Market & Spruce Corinna Striped Dolman Top   (Keeping)
 This is perfect for me. Great lightweight material for transitioning to spring, blousy to cover that muffin top that I haven't lost yet, dress it up with skinnys and boots and a blazer or down with jeans or shorts and sandals.

Dear John Niki Cropped Skinny Jean  (Returned)

I went back and forth on these, but the fit was awkward for me and the pattern just threw me. I couldn't fully accept the style which told me that I wouldn't wear it so I sent them back.
41Hawthorn Rocco Faux Wrap Tank Dress (Returned)
I had mentioned that I had a wedding to attend this weekend so my stylist threw this in, but to me it was more of something I would wear if I were IN the wedding. Not something I would choose to wear as a guest and a little too plain for my style. Plus, I have a bridesmaid dress almost exactly the same as this should I ever need it.

Zad Dawson Hammered Layered Metal Bib Necklace (Returned)
A little too brassy gold for my liking.

Laila Jayde Aldez Asymetric Sleeveless Tee (Returned)
This was a close keeper. It was a little awkward on. And a little too snug on my back love handles. EEK! Can't wait to kiss those goodbye sooner than later. But the style was more my taste. Nice material and color.



One of my favorite parts of Stitch Fix is that they sent me little outfit cards along with each item of how to style it. I stuck pretty close to one outfit style in each of the photos.

I'm excited to get the next one! If you want to try it out, click my link above so I get credit for referring you.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog