Friday, October 07, 2011

6 = old.

It's 3:44 a.m. and you are officially six. Wow. A 6 year old??? How did this happen??? I really feel like yesterday we were roller skating around the rink celebrating her being 5. I was just as in shock at how that felt, then,  and now I have to say, "six year old"???? What in the world!? That sounds CRAZY! I feel the same way I did when I first had to say my new married name. Like my mouth won't even properly form the word.

Hayden, slow down!! You are the most amazing child. I never could have imagined that my child would one day be YOU. You have taken every vision that I ever had of what being a mom would be or what my child would be like and thrown them out the window, and then exceeded every expectation I could have ever had. You embrace every single moment and make it as amazing as anyone could ever imagine. You see things in a way that some adults can't even see. You comprehend things that I don't even sometimes comprehend. You are like girl genius embodied. I feel like I have to give people a warning label before they meet you because you are so unique and amazing and unlike any other person I have ever known. And people immediately love you. How could they not?? That fabulous smile and those warm brown eyes just wrap theirselves around our hearts.  I love you in a way that I never knew could exist.

Thank you for making me a Mother. I didn't have a clue what I was missing and cannot imagine a second without your little life entangled into mine.

Shoot for the moon, little wonder...and then keep going and never stop.

This seems so long ago http://munsons.blogspot.com/2005/10/she-is-finally-here.html

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog