Monday, July 23, 2007

Attack of the Killer Shampoo

So today started out as any ordinary day...Hayden and I were out and about running errands and made a stop at Target. One of our favorite places EVER. We needed to return some things and get a few things. So we are taking our time browsing around and its nearing the end of our shopping spree. I had just stopped to get some shampoo and since it is one of those things which you will always use kind of like toilet paper I decided I'd get a huge bottle this time. So I put them in the cart and start walking towards the checkout line. All of the sudden my foot is experiencing the worst pain of its life. Hayden had launched the jumbo shampoo out of the cart and straight onto my foot, which was exposed since I was wearing my trademark flip flops and hit right on the part towards the top near your toes where all of your veins are very close to the surface. I wanted to cry it hurt so bad. I couldn't even walk. So I just stood there and flexed my foot a few times until I felt like I could walk and then we proceeded to walk toward the checkout. Well that is when it got VERY interesting. I walked a couple of steps and started looking around and everything was getting fuzzy. The sound was going in and out like I was in a tunnel and my eyes were not able to focus...they were going back and forth really fast and I thought..."oh man, I'm about to pass out." This has only ever happened to me once and I was in the 4th grade. So I stopped walking and just leaned on the cart for a few seconds, praying that I could just shake it off. Finally it went away and I thought, "Ok, just go to the checkout, get out of the store and call someone to pick us up." I was afraid that if I drove it might happen again and then I could wreck. So I continued walking and then it came back, but this time it wasn't a "i think I might pass out" feeling it was "i was passing out and fighting to stay alert" kind of feeling. Immediately everything got grey, I felt like I was dying...like everything was closing in. I couldn't see, I couldn't talk, I could hardly walk. I started sweating profusely and got clammy and everyone said I was really pale. I somehow stumbled to the checkout just trying to get someones attention and I thought I was saying, "I need help," out loud, but I don't know if my words were audible. All of the sudden I came to enough to see and realized I was face to face with a lady. I don't know how long she was standing there or if I had said anything to her or if she said anything to me but I told her that i was going to pass out and then i just sat on the floor. Everyone was rushing around and asking me if they needed to call an ambulance and getting me water. I kept hearing people say i was so pale. I was fighting so hard to stay alert, because I was so afraid of what would happen if I didn't . It felt like this crazy feeling like if I lost it I wouldn't wake back up. I was terrified for Hayden, sitting in the cart with wide eyes saying "Mommy, Ok...mommy, crying". By then tears are streaming down my face and I get out that I am pregnant, and that sets off a whole other frenzy. I tell them to call my husband, and try to get his phone number to come out of my brain. Then I realize that he may not answer and so i am trying to remember the number to my mother in law, who always does shopping in town on Monday's and i thought maybe she will be close by and can come help me. Bj answered his phone on a fluke and came right away. They were asking to give me water and I remembered Jamie's post somehow (its weird what springs into your head at the most random times) about getting a Coke. I thought maybe if my blood sugar is low that will help it come back up. So they got me a coke. I don't know if I ever lost consciousness, but it was all very weird and scary and I felt like I was fading in and out the whole time. The blindness that came over me was the scariest because I felt like I had no control over my eyes or what was going on.

Finally BJ got there and his mom took Hayden home and we went to the Doctor. By then I was feeling better but had a terrible headache. They checked me out and my BP was fine and they listened to the babies and they were fine too...jumping around like crazy. The doctor thinks that it was basically my body's reaction to extreme pain. It probably hit right on a big vessel and sent shock through my body. She said it was good that I sat down before I passed out because that could have caused lots of injuries if I would have just collapsed.

Needless to say it was one of the most scary experiences of my life to date. I was so afraid that for some reason I was dying right then and there and I kept thinking to myself...this can't be it, this can't be happening. And then poor Hayden was probably freaked out and I was so scared what was going to happen to her if I passed out.

I am just thankful that I am ok and that my babes are ok and that BJ and denise were able to come right away and help me and that it wasn't anything more serious.

From now on we will be buying the single use packets of shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog