Monday, December 27, 2004

The Purpose Driven Life--My 40 Day Quest

So today I started a quest....I am reading the Purpose Driven Life bye Rick Warren. It is a 40 day reading to enable you to find your purpose in God. It states that we live appoximately 25,000 days in a lifetime, so 40 should be the least we can do to give to God to show us how to walk in His purpose in life.

So I finished chapter one and I'm ready for more. It is awesome. Its wierd because I have been wanting to read this book for a long time and never have gotten around to it. But I think that now I am ready for the book. God's timing is so awesome. I think if I had read this book three years ago, I would have loved it, but it wouldn't have had the impact that it will have now in my life. God has brought me to a place that I should remain in forever, to a place that all I have is Him, that I need to look to Him for everything daily, not just when big things come my way. If I can focus on asking Him to guide my every step, He will lead me to situations daily that I am destined for. I'm so excited about reading this book. I am ready for God to show me the plan, show me a little glimpse of what I have been placed on His earth to do. Basically that is all we are here for, not for ourselves or for someone else, but for Him to do His work. And I'm ready.

Steps to finding life's purpose:
-Consider my dreams
-Clarify my values
-Set some goals
-Figure out what I am good at
-Aim High
-Go For IT!!
-Be disciplined
-Believe you can achieve your goals
-Involve others
-Never give up

"Obsession with self in these matters is a DEAD END; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life." -2Timothy 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog