Monday, July 08, 2013

Munchkin approved oatmeal

I have the hardest time with oatmeal. I know it is good for me but in order for it to be truly healthy, the taste is pretty bland and never enticing. I will eat it because I know it's good for me, but telling that to my kiddos is another thing! 

This morning we were out of milk and running low on time. Instead of eggs I decided I would try oatmeal again for them. They were less than thrilled but I promised them a buffet of toppings.

They were really excited when I told them they could have a sprinkle of brown sugar, a swirl of pure maple syrup and all the fruit they wanted. They piled on the grapes, strawberries and blueberries and then a handful of pecans. 

It was the fastest consumption of oatmeal I have ever witnessed. Mission accomplished!!!

They were also really excited to share with the blogosphere there newfound love.  They are anxious to see if any of you have the same reaction. Leave your comments!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge oatmeal fan either. I do love the apple kind though. I've never added anything to it, but I'll have to try it! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog