Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 1- Daniel Fast

Today was the start of our 21 day fast. It was exciting to start something as a family like this. The girls were fasting movies, tv and video games today. All favorites of Hayden. She asked me several times to watch a movie or play her Leapster and then when I reminded her about her fast she quickly remembered and we would do a devotional or talk about God or say a prayer together. Her devotion for the day was reading verses about John baptising Jesus. (Matthew 3:13-17) She questioned me about baptism and we talked about it and its importance.

After we talked a while, she told us that she wanted to be baptised just like Jesus. I was so happy to hear this because it was her own prompting and nothing from us. Hayden has such a tender heart and I know God has great things in store for her even as  a child.

Our reading was in Genesis 7 and I guess I have never read this closely enough to grasp that they brought on more than just one pair of every animal onto the ark. But for the animals that were clean (for eating) and sacrificing they brought 7 pairs. Interesting factoid.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog