Monday, April 06, 2009

Southern Thank You Food

This weekend my dad came over to help me out with a toilet problem. We had a leaky, running toilet and ended up that several things were wrong with it. Dad to the rescue :) I figured the least I could do would be to make him and my mom some dinner for all his hardwork. I had some pork chops that I picked up, with hopes of finding a killer recipe on how to make them. That recipe I did find and I had to pass it on. It's a little different than most pork chop meals I have tried and it was delicious.

3-4 pork chops (I used thin sliced ones)
garlic
saltpepper
1/2 c onion diced
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1/2 c sour cream
3-4 c cooked rice

Season pork chops with garlic salt and black pepper. Brown both sides in a little olive oil or other cooking oil, along with the diced onions. Add canned tomatoes and simmer until pork chops are tender. Remove pork chops from pan. Add sour cream to tomatoes and stir over low heat until well combined.Put pork chop over rice and top with tomato and sour cream sauce.Took about 20 mins.

I served it with Texas Rice, asparagus and Peach Cobbler....delicious!

Peach Cobbler

First get one large can of peaches in thick syrup at the store.(I used peach pie filling) You will also need self rising flour, one stick of butter, milk, and powdered sugar.Place your stick of butter in a backing pan (I use the clear ones). Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Put pan with the butter in the oven, but the time you get the other ingredients ready it should be melted.In a big bowl combine one cup of self rising flower, one cup of powdered sugar, and one cup of milk. Stir until combined.Take your baking pan out of the oven and pour this mixture in the pan over the butter. Do not stir. Then spoon in your peaches. Again do not stir.Bake the cobbler for approximately 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog