Saturday, June 14, 2008

5 years ago

we were two kids in love, without a clue of what our life would be like as husband and wife. Of course we had ideas of what we wanted out of life, and what we saw our life being like, but really we didn't have a clue past that day.

Our wedding was amazing. There were lots of tears, surprisingly mostly none of them were mine :) But mostly there was sheer happiness. It was amazing to start one day with one life and end it with a totally new one. It was exciting and new and when the wedding was over, we had had so much fun that I just wanted to do it all over again.

I remember getting a call from our hotel the day after our wedding asking me something, and BJ was in the shower or something, and when I answered they called me Mrs. Munson, and that was the strangest thing ever. I'm sure I blushed, and then answered quietly, "Yes, this is Mrs. Munson." It felt so weird to say it out loud.

It has been a wonderful five years from those early days. We have grown together so much. It hasn't always been peachy, but those times have made us stronger and helped us learn how to be better for one another. Every day is another piece of our journey. We have made so many memories and are truly the best of friends. We know each other way to well and sometimes during conversations we don't even have to finish the sentence because we both already know what each other would say and we can just move on.

I can't believe in just five short years we have added three beautiful children to our family. They have changed us in more ways than I can explain. Each one of them is such a gift and has their own little part of this world. Hayden keeps us on our toes, and no matter how much energy and craziness she exerts in her days, she always asks to be rocked, "Back and forth, back and forth" every night before bed. Ella is just a sweet angel and brings the balance into our lives. She can light up a room with her amazing smile. And sweet Preslyn...she is just mesmerized by her sisters and people. She is like a little sponge just absorbing everything around her. I just love them all so much. I am thrilled to see them grow and learn about life and God. I pray that all of their hearts are tender towards Him, and they will all grow up to find wonderful Godly men like I have found.

For our anniversary we took a short trip to San Antonio. Our original plan was to head to Austin, but we couldn't find any hotels available in the entire city. So we changed our plans and headed back to San Antonio. We stayed at a beautiful hotel on the Riverwalk, The Watermark Hotel and Spa. It was so nice. The restaurant, Pesca on the River was so good and the service was perfect. BJ had to do a little work while we were there, which was a bummer, but I got to catch up on some much needed sleep!! We relaxed and strolled around the river, shopped and saw Indiana Jones at the theater. Then we went to the Guinness Record Place and saw some of the amazing records that are held and BJ made me go to the haunted house exhibit, which I HATE!!! I was freaking out the entire time. I'm a sissy at those things. On the last day BJ had a massage while I got a pedicure. I started reading a new book during my pedi, "The Memory Keepers Daughter". It is really good so far, and was really nice, because i haven't been able to read and fun books in a long time. So I'm enjoying it. Hopefully I'll get to finish it sometime soon! We had a nice time together and are looking forward to the next 65 more or so!

I love you forever BJ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog