Monday, October 08, 2007

Freedom and Food


So yesterday we had our first and hopefully last scare with a decel on one of the babies. It was pretty scary and finally her heart rate came back up. Well since that happened I was not allowed to come off of the monitors. So yesterday from 1:30pm until this morning at 8 I was on the monitors. That is including all night long, which made sleeping a joke. I think I slept in 40 minute intervals. That is no good for a sleepy mamma! But the babies did good all that time and didn't decel again so I got to get off this morning. I went straight to the shower and then straight to sleep. I was so sore from laying in the same position that whole time.

Then I got my GTT tests back this morning and I am positive for gestational diabetes. I was bummed. So they are altering my diet and hoping that takes care of it. I have to have 4 finger sticks daily starting today. One thing I was not aware of is that having diabetes during pregnancy puts me at high risk for having them afterwards as well. So be praying that as soon as I am not pregnant that the diabetes goes away as well.

Another weird thing is that I have lost 8lbs. since I've been in the hospital. So that only brings me to a total of 7lbs. gained total. So now I have to be weighed 2 times a week to make sure that I start gaining weight. I couldn't believe it. I never expected to lose weight.

This week I'll be 28 weeks and that is another milestone! Now I'm going for 30.

Anyway...that's the scoop :) One of the moms on my floor had her baby today. She has been here for over 2 months. How exciting!! I can't wait until it is my turn to have my babies and end my captivity. I'm so ready to be home with my family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog