Monday, August 20, 2007


Dear Friends and Family,

I recently accepted the challenge to raise funds to support the Komen Houston Race for the Cure® on October 6, 2007 in the fight against breast cancer. One in eight women will be stricken with breast cancer in her lifetime and the more we raise, the more the Komen Houston Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure can give back to fund vital breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs in our own community and support the national search for a cure.

This will be my third year to participate in the Race for the Cure, and this year my participation will be in a different form. There is an option through the Race to “Sleep in for the Cure”. You still receive a race T-shirt and can participate in fundraising but I will not personally be out walking this year. I have formed a team that will be out there representing me, and I encourage you to join them!! The Race is such a wonderful experience and a good chance to get out and support a great cause with your friends and family. In the past we have had all women, but this year we are making it our goal to have some male walkers in the pack!!! We need your help guys!!! You can join my team by clicking on the search for teams and look for The River Racers or entering in team code TRI.

Hopefully after the Race everyone will be able to come by and visit me at St. Lukes downtown, where I will be doing my hospitalization for the monitoring of the twins. I’m raising up to more walkers for the team!!! If you can’t join us on Race Day, please join me by participating in the Sleep in for the Cure! There is a link to sign up on the webpage and you also get a pillow case J

Click here to visit my personal page and pledge your support.

Please join me in the fight by pledging in support of my participation in the Race or contributing generously to the Komen Houston Race for the Cure®. Your tax-deductible contribution will fund innovative outreach and awareness programs for medically underserved communities in Komen Houston and national breast cancer research. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below. Whatever you can give will help! I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Thank you so much for your time and support in the fight against breast cancer! Every step counts!

Sincerely,

Lindsay Munson

To sponsor my participation online, click here.
If you prefer to mail in your contribution, please do so to 2425 Fountainview, Suite 210 Houston, TX 77057.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog