Friday, August 11, 2006

Race for the Cure Houston Style

Good morning!! It's finally Friday!!! Whoohooo!!! Gotta love Friday's. So last night we sent Hayden to the grandparents for a sleepover and we went to have date night...I made dinner and then we went and saw Miami Vice...pretty intense movie...a little confusing and the sex scenes were totally unnecessary. I felt like I had to keep my head down for an eternity. Anyway, I wanted to see You, me and Dupree, but I got outvoted since I am having girls night tonight. Ah...the sacrifices :)

So, if you didn't notice I added a new header/logo under my ticker, it is for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, which I have participated in before and would have again last year, but I certain very large belly prohibited me from it. So this year we are at it again and looking for lots of team members and supporters. If you want to fill any of these roles please check out our team site by clicking the banner up top and join up or pledge your support!! This is a cause that I feel connected to due to the many women that it has affected in my family. Hopefully the research will lead to a cure that could possibly lengthen my life one day.

To tell you the truth the race is so much fun. Yes, it is really early in the morning, but there are so many people...we are talking like a million or more racers!! that doesn't include all the supporters that come out for the race that day. It is a blast!! So come on and join me and my pals as we Race for the Cure :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it is so cool that you do this every year.

    Oh, and You, Me and Dupree is a fabulous movie...Loved it! :) Thanks for your kind comments about my swelling appearance :) Thankfully the only stretch marks I endured with Carson are on my hips and are pretty faded - I'm praying I won't gain additional ones with this baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about joining you for the Race!!! I know that we can get more sponsers, we just have to put a little effort into it! Anyway, tonight is going to be so fun, no matter what we do! See you @ 6:00!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog