Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My mommy secrets

Hmmm...so apparently I have some hidden secret as to how to get a child to sleep through the night...I don't really know what it is I have done right, but I will tell you some of the things I do and maybe one of them is the secret.

Each night I make sure to change her and get her in her night clothes while she is good an awake...then, I feed her until she conks out. Usually she will stay asleep as I transfer her to her bed. We have been letting her sleep on her tummy since she was able to hold her head up and turn it in the bed on her own. That is when she started sleeping through the night. Also, I don't let her sleep with her pacifier, because then when it falls out she wakes up. Sometimes she will fall asleep with it in, but I will take it out when it starts falling out and she never knows the difference. Helps her to sleep more soundly instead of barely asleep.

hmmm....other than that I have no clue why she sleeps all night. Last night she woke up a couple of times, but just because she had gas...once she dirtied her diaper she was fine.

3 comments:

  1. Well it looks like you have it down pretty good Lindsay. you go girl! she is so beautiful! i want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we do too, almost to the tee and Carson has always been a really good sleeper. It's funny though, I really feel like Carson trained me how to be a mom and what to do...I'm so glad he's a good teacher! Sounds like Hayden is too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me! You and Hayden both sound like pros at this! I'm so glad things are going so smoothly with her, and that you are able to have a life too and get things done. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog