Thursday, December 30, 2004

Rearrange the Roladex

Ok....just curious, but what on earth do receptionists do ALL DAY EVERY DAY of their life?? I have nothing to do, I mean besides things that deal with my own personal life, like take out last years day planner pages and put in this years, while updating all birthdays, anniversaries and so on....Then of course I have my daily reading which I will do after lunch, but other than that what do I do....I answer the phone maybe five times an hour? I need activity!!!!!!! I need diversity!!!!

I guess its probably better when this is your actual job--that way you can organize your desk, file, blah blah, but this is not my job, and I can't organize the desk or whatever. I just sit and watch the minutes roll by....crawl by....I think sometimes it takes the clock so long to switch over that I wonder if it forgot to change minutes.......

The lady across the hall was just holding a cup up to her ear..oblivious to my observation. Hee hee...maybe she achieved utter delirium like I am inching towards, and thought that was the phone and wondered why she couldn't hear anyone on the other line...Or maybe she did think she heard someone?? Hmmm........

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:41 PM

    A receptionist answers the phone all day, and emails the faxes that come in to her outlook to the person they belong to. When the receptionist is NOT doing these things she is reading...or..watching the time clock inch by..or signing deliveries....or....watching the time clock....or.....being totally bored....BUT as a Receptionist the phone rings average of 600 times a day...on a slow day maybe 450....during Christmas lets say..200....now during Christmas the Receptionist is trying so hard NOT to pull her hair out...and gets frustrated by NOTHING to do......I'v been one for almost 2 years....and it NEVER changes.....sometimes I hear the phone in my head ringing...sometimes if you give me a three digit number I see the face of the person in my head who belongs to that extension...if I hear a name away from work, and its one of the employees...I see their face AND their extension in my head......the madness NEVER ends...Lindsay get away fast......do not be that RECEPTIONIST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 PM

    oh and that comment was from me,

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:39 PM

    ya Lindsay! for real. like michelle said i would picture that persons face with their extension. it was crazy! but boring when it was slow... you go crazy! run like the wind!
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog