Friday, April 24, 2015

Stitch Fix #2 and #3

If you aren't familiar with Stitch Fix then let me give you a quick overview. Every month (or whenever and however often you decide) you receive a box with 5 items that a stylist puts together for you. You try them on at home, decide what you like or don't and return anything that doesn't work. No obligation to purchase. There's a $20 styling fee that can be applied toward anything you keep. And if you keep the whole box you get 25% off. You set your budget and style preferences and they do the rest.  It's pretty amazing if you have limited time to shop, are stuck in a rut or just want to try some new stuff.

My last fix arrived the day before we left for Disney so I was not able to photograph the outfits before I sent them back. But my last fix was kind of a bust. I only kept one thing and the rest of the pieces either didn't fit my body or my style.

Last month, I received

1. Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Zip Cardigan.
I actually really liked this one. I had seen it on a friend of mine and it was awesome, but she is much taller than me and it was evident when this arrived. It was way too long for my little arms and it fit me really long and snug. Boo.
RETURNED.

2. Sam HI-Lo Short Sleeve Tee.
This one was tricky. I actually liked the look of the shirt, but I had just bought a very similar one at Target before my trip for Valentines, so I didn't really need this one as well. I was also concerned that the material would be easily snagged if I were holding the boys.
RETURNED.

3. Sherry Embroidery Detail Tank


I loved this one. Light material, which is great for layering and for the summer heat. I liked the colors of the shirt and I wore this on our trip a couple of times.
KEEPER

4. Keone Blouse.
Oh boy. When I saw this in the box I immediately disliked it. It was exactly the same on. Just totally not my taste and looked weird on me. Nope.
RETURNED

5. Queensland Dolman Jersey Top
This was a great shirt, but it was EXACTLY like a shirt I wore almost daily while I was pregnant. I am done with those days and didn't want to wear a maternity looking shirt. Plus I still have the other one should I ever need something like that.
RETURNED
Pause for an adorable pic of my little dude, Rivan. (Short i sound, remember...not like Ivan.)
So this stitch nailed it. I loved it.

1. Edmondo Stud Detailed Split-Back Blouse



I love this cut and the material and hello BLACK. It's my jam. But I have a really similar top already and the front was a little short and showed my not-so-toned tummy when I moved around, and that just ain't gonna work. Plus it had a weird tightness right across my chest, so sending back. RETURNED

2. Kiersten Moto Skinny Jean
I pinned these and have been asking for some new jeans that aren't plain. These were perfect. They fit great, and I like the moto detailing above the knees. KEEPER

3. Skylar Asymmetrical Knit Zip Up Jacket
This was hard to decide. I really like the style of it, I like that the zipper was asymmetrical and I like that it had pockets, but it was a little frumpy around the middle and accentuated my stomach which is not the plan. Plus its Texas and we are already approaching 90 degree temps so I knew it would be a long time til I can wear this and I'd rather focus on things I can really use now. 
RETURNING


4. Zion Crochet Detail Top
I really loved this one. It moves really well, looks dressy or casual, which I love for mixing it up and is great for solo or layering. I wore this to church Sunday and got tons of compliments. 

5. Faye Skinny Jean
Again, perfect pant. I love this color. It says Just Black, but its more of a gunmetal color. They fit perfect and I know I'll get lots of wear out of them. 












post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog