Monday, September 19, 2011

Stretchy like Gumby

"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
... ... it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God...
I paid a huge price for you...
That's how much you mean to me!
That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you.
Isaiah 43:1-4 MSG


Lately I feel like God has stretched me to fullest I have ever been stretched. In ever single aspect of my life I have been stretched. But the great thing about God stretching is that just like jeans, rubber bands, elastic...you never go back to the same way you were. I know that the things I have learned in these past few months have made me into a new, better version of who God wants me to be. I've learned to keep quiet, when my opinion was not needed...to pray, when all I could do was that, to fully rely on God in a capacity that I had never done before and to experience freedom when He orchestrated a solution without me doing a thing. It has been a very hard time for me, but one that I know I will look back on and see a turning point. A specific time when I turned from one direction and took a step towards a new me. A better me. One that has experienced the love of God in a new way. He has shown me a side of Him that I had never before been ready to see. My heart has been set on fire for Him. I crave my time with Him daily. I want to scream from the mountaintops so that everyone else can experience this with me.

If you are in a valley, don't let it overwhelm you. Look for the way out. Look for what God wants to show you while your down there. Then get ready for victory. Because if He is for YOU...then what can stand against you? Rom. 8:31


post signature

2 comments:

  1. So awesome, Lindsay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was REALLY good, Summie! I needed it! :) Love u, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog