Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bite me, deadlines

Deadlines. The funny thing about deadlines is that they bring out the most crazy urges. When I have a deadline, suddenly I want to rearrange my closet, cook gourmet meals, go through old photos, repaint my bathroom. I feel the need to sort and catagorize my kiddos messy rooms, make them clothes, learn how to use Photoshop.

But really I should be locking myself into my office and chaining my arm to my desk, disconnecting my internet and doing my taxes.

Yeah, taxes that are due in October. The ones that were due in April and we deferred.

And for those four of you who actually still read my sad, sad blog, (hi Mom & Dad, hi BJ, hi Paw Paw) I leave you with my most favorite meal. Its super easy and quick and one of those that can help clear out your produce drawers when you have half an onion, a smidge of parsley, half a tomato, etc. and you need something to put them all in.

~Lemony Orzo Salad~

Cook 1 cup of orzo according to package. Drain and add to a bowl. Mix in a diced tomato, 1/3 cup purple onion, a handful of parsley, sprinkle of dried basil (or fresh if you have it), a pinch of salt and pepper, 1 tsp. olive oil, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 cup of feta cheese crumbles, and chopped kalamata olives . Stir it up and eat. Can be eaten hot or cold.


And have no fear...I'm sure I'll be blogging like crazy now since I have a deadline staring me straight in the face!

post signature

1 comment:

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog