Sunday, June 13, 2010

What love is

This weekend was our weekend to celebrate our 7 years of wedded bliss. Bj, as you're reading this I'm sure that line made you laugh.  We had decided that we wouldn't do anything elaborate, but just to have some time to ourselves to relax and not be planning or diapering, working, feeding, cleaning up after kids, laundry. Just time to ourselves. I was thrilled because it seems like our family orbit has just picked up so much speed that there is rarely time for just us two. Our plans didn't go totally as planned and I was so crushed. Poor BJ was trying his best to understand me through the tears and words that made no sense. Because really it wasn't what we did that made the difference, it was just being able to be together with no plans that was so important. After 7 years I have realized that it isn't that I have to sacrifice what I want love to be, I just have to realize that its those stolen moments here and there that really matter. Today we were able to sleep in late, go to breakfast together and just get to know each other some more. It was so nice and made me appreciate the life that I have and the family and husband that I have been given.

The past 7 years HAVE had much bliss, and of course its fair share of bliss-tering. I'd be lying to just tell you all of the times that were perfect, but that's not the full circle of marriage. Yes we have had many moments of laughter and peace and fabulous memories, but we've also had our share of heartaches, pain, tears and stress. And its through those times that we have been able to peel back layers of ourselves that we never knew what lay beneath. We have grown together during those times in ways that we may still not know.We have learned to challenge each other to be people we never dreamed we could  be. And since we aren't there yet, I know we will be by each others side cheering and pulling each other along, every step of the way. I know that after these years together that God truly did place us together and even when it feels like pulling teeth, God knew that we were the ones for each other and we would have a lovely family of three precious little girls to train up and love.

And at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that we have our salvation, we are still together, still doing the best we can day after day to provide a roof over our heads, food on our table and love in all of our hearts.

Bring on the next 7 years! I'm ready.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anni!!!!!!!!! You two are so cute and your love and marriage is one to be proud of! God bless you on the next 7...and 50 ahead of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anni lin! i can NOT believe it's been 7 years....... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you both and am inspired by your love! xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob Bryan3:01 PM

    you are a special lady, and you deserve your special man! we are very proud of you and your marvelous family.

    Uncle Rob

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog