- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
- Cover with foil (this helps the chicken stay moist and not dry out) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
I made a salad out of the chicken. Served it on top of mixed italian baby greens, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, toasted pecans & walnuts (Salad Toppers), crumbed basil & tomato feta, and honey mustard viniagrette (ken's brand light--the spray kind).
Served it with a back of uncle ben's butter and garlic rice and some pumpernickle bread. SO good and the whole family enjoyed it.