Thursday, November 01, 2007

31 weeks...

we are almost there!!!!

Day 37

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

So I finally hit my 20lb. weight gain mark. Which is exactly half of what I gained with Hayden. These kiddos have just sucked every ounce of food that I have ingested. Hopefully it will make it easier for me to lose it afterwards. I've been having some pretty heavy duty waves of nausea lately. That on top of constant motion on the inside makes it pretty rough. So I've been trying to sleep when I can so I don't notice it as much. Yesterday I went on a tour of the NICU and got to see some of the babies up close. It was amazing to see how small a 3lb. baby is (which is what they are suspecting ours will probably be around). Her little legs were probably the width of BJ's finger! I was astounded! It's going to be so wierd to see them that little when we are used to our chunky monkey :) Anyway, the NICU was great. The nurses are fabulous and I know they will take excellent care of my two newbies.

I can't believe we are less than a week away from the start of the delivery. BJ booked a hotel for him and his parents close by so Hayden will have a place to rest during the day and so he can get good rest and not be exhausted once I go home. Then they will all head down here about this time next week and it will all begin. They said they will probably start my IV the night before and then no food or drink after 12. Crazy that we are really here finally.

Tonight is my Grey's party night with my gals :) Only one more after this here at the hospital then we will have to relocate somewhere more NORTH!!! whoohoo!! I am so pumped about going home. Today I saw a commercial for the Hallmark free Christmas gift with purchase and it was the wierdest feeling because it does not feel like we are approaching the holidays whatsoever to me. I came in here right after labor day and now it is almost Thanksgiving???? It is a strange feeling.

Well...tootle-oo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog