Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ramblings of Thanksgiving

The thanksgiving food frenzy has finally died down and I think my frequent napping will have to as well in order for me to get anything done in this world. I think with the constant gorging my face and then the mellow weather we have been having, plus staying up to ungodly hours of the night, it seems I have reverted to new-Hayden days with frequent napping. Bj too. We are just pooped out.

We had two days of family time and it was so nice. We got to see some of Bj's family that we hardly ever see. And then my family, some of them I don't really see too often and so that is always nice. The food was splendid. This year it seemed like everything was so good. I'm not a big turkey lover or stuffing lover, but I ate both this year and liked it. Plus I tried a new pecan pie recipe that seemed to go over really well with everyone. I also made a new food, sweet potato souffle, which BJ said was good. --I'm not a big sweet potato lover. Eugh!

Hayden was a trooper. Both days she went all day long with no nap, but was still wonderful. It is weird to think that this is our second thanksgiving with her. I can't believe how the time is flying. Hopefully we got some good pictures, but I haven't gotten them from anyone yet. My camera screen went out so it makes it hard.

Then last night we threw a big bash for two of our friends that are having birthday's. It was so nice. Hot cocoa, s'mores, and hot dogs out by the fire. We all sat around until the wee hours of the morning reminiscing and talking. Fun times. We are totally wiped out today from all the hoopla, but it was definitely worth it.

Hayden got a new tooth...Her 9th. And is still having a runny nose so I am thinking another might be coming in soon. She is amazing. Last night she was playing with another little boy that is 8 months old. He just started sitting and pulling up, but not crawling yet, and so he was playing with this piano toy that Hayden has. She came up and plopped down beside him and nearly barreled him over trying to get to her toy. She used her arm to push him out of the way. And though we had to pull her away really quickly so she wouldn't hurt him, it was hilarious. She was determined to move him out of her way. Hee hee.

I hope all of your thanksgivings were as wonderful as ours.

I am thankful for so many things, but I am especially thankful for my salvation. It is so comforting and gives me a sense of worth to know that I am saved and that my life has a purpose on this earth to lead others into the kingdom.

I am also thankful for the wonderful family that God has blessed me with. For a husband that supports me in everything that I do. Who encourages me when I am down, laughs with me when I am delirious, listens when I just have to cry it out, and loves me all the while.

I am thankful for the most precious daughter ever. Though she may not comprehend it right now, she is the light of my life. She always makes me laugh. I am addicted to her :) I find myself just watching her. Its amazing to see her absorb her world around her and learn new things daily. She has brought a joy to my life that I didn't even know that I lacked.

I am also thankful for my parents and brother and all my extended family. I have such a wonderful support system and a family that some don't have. I don't come from a broken home, which seems so common these days. I thank my parents and grandparent for that wonderful example. Thanks for sticking it out in the hard times that I'm sure were there many times. Thanks for making it work. You have laid a solid foundation for us to follow and build on. Thank you for that opportunity. And though all of my family is equally important to me, I have say that I am truly greatful for the Lord sparing my grandmother's life this past February. Thank You that you gave us yet another year with her and hopefully many more to come. I love you Grandmother!

To wrap up, I am blessed with some fabulous friends. You guys have lifted me up when I was down, and hopefully I have lifted you up when I was up :) You all know who you are and I love you all. I am thankful for new friends as well as old. You each have a special roll that you play in my life and without you I'd be a mess. Thanks for listening to my rants, girls night, main event coin games, "day long" counseling sessions, the drama, and the laughs. lol. I ♥ you all! The list could go on for days, but those are some that are very close to my heart.

NOTE:I am pleased to say that I am roughly halfway finished with my Christmas shopping. Yeah! I have my tree up, not decorated, but up. And we have a few lights on the outside. We are hosting Christmas at our house this year so I have to get a move on things.

Oh yes, another wonderful thing that happened, Thanksgiving morning I got an email saying that I got my first recruit with Mary Kay!! Whoo hoo!! So fun!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:13 PM

    So good to read your posts!! I totally know what you mean about slacking on the blog! Mine has turned into a photo album and quick updates as well!! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I'm SO in Christmas mode too and have almost all of my shopping done too! Yea for us Super Moms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you guys can call me Super Mom when I get all my shopping done in one day!!! Cause that's how I role!! ;) Anyway...I am so thankful for you, my friend! And all the great times we have...even though they are few and far between! I look forward to them being more and closer between!! ;)

    Love ya,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Lindsay, you are so cute! Make me a pecan pie! :)
    I need a little Hayden in my life...pllleeeassseeee! I will pay her to be Ty's friend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog