Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A brief Recap--Day #2 of Quest

Ok, so here is the recap of Day #2 of the Quest. The topic was I am not an Accident. It was really neat because we are here only for one reason and that is because God created us and we are here to be a specific part of His master plan. That is an amazing concept. We are not here for us to become the best lawyer or teacher or baseball player. We are here to be directed into the position that God designed for us to fill.

I guess being raised in a Christian home I have taken this for granted. I know that God gives us desires and He wants us to be happy in our life, but ultimately our happiness has no bearing. If we are fullfilling the work that God has us here for, whatever it may be, we will live and walk in happiness.

" From one man he made every nation, ... he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live." Acts 17:26

God allowed me to be born into my specific family for a reason, for me to inherit specific characteristics and genetics that I would need to accomplish His work through my life. THat is amazing. For children born out of rape or sin or human error, God took all of this into account in His plan and though the child may have not been planned by the parent, God knew it all along. No person is placed on this earth by accident.

Poem by Russell Kelfer:

You are who you are for a reason.
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.

You look like you look for a reason.
God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.

No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you'd grow.

You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!

"I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born." Isaiah 44:2

I am excited from reading this chapter. I know I am here for a purpose and I am eager to find out what that purpose is. For anyone reading--so are you. You are special and you are here because God has a purpose for you as well. We are all part of His master plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails Featured Shopping Blog